LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor with particular expertise in road traffic law.

My name is***** have just been involved in an accident.

Hi. My name is***** have just been involved in an accident. A car has run into my tractor as I was loading a digger onto a low loader. I was facing oncoming traffic at the time as the circumstances was the safest option. The car run into the front of me with no attempt to brake or swerve.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
What question is it you want answered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really just wanted to know where I stand with facing oncoming traffic when loading and also the time of day as it was about 17.15 when it happened and I didn't have any lights on! I also suspect the driver was using the phone at the time!
Are yo concerned about driving offences or financial liability?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am concerned about both really! Would it make a huge difference if I can prove the driver was using the phone while driving? Even in the pitch dark it is possible to see a good few hundred feet with headlights alone! The driver was definitely distracted with something!
It is hard to tell from what you have told me but in general if you are stopped on the road in a dangerous way the accident might be your fault but also if a vehicle is static on the road it is down to the moving driver to avoid it.
If you could see his vehicle a good few hundred feet away then he was presumably in a straight and should have been able to see and avoid your van.
It sounds like this was probably not your fault.