Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Got parking fine from Parking eye (re parking in Aldi car park)when

Got parking fine from Parking eye (re parking in Aldi car park)when you leave you have to put your reg no in a machine ,As it was on the 5th of this month I cannot remember.I received the letter on the 19th of this month (Feb) if I pay by the 25th It will be 40pounds if not 70pounds,I do have a disabled badge as,I suffer with RA and COPD please help
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I have to pay
Did you pay to park there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Are there signs at the location and are they clear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When you leave the store you have to type your reg no in a machine ,that is all you do ,but I'm ñot sure if I did As it is 15 days ago
Yes, but there must be payment at some point?Or are they saying that you didn't use the store?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MYouust be but I was certainly in the store
It is difficult to tell really what they are alleging.If this is not a pay and display car park then they are either saying you were not a patron of the store or that you overstayed. Unless we know it is impossible really to say whether you are liable.The reality is that they might not sue you. They never used to sue anybody. It is fair to say they are becoming more aggressive than they used to be since the law turned in their favour but they still do not sue everybody with whom they are in conflict.It really depends on your appetite for risk. I would never pay them but I am comfortable about receiving their letters and phone calls.
If you are not then the only way to bring it to an end completely is to pay in full. If that is not palatable then you would have to refuse to pay or make an offer.If they do sue then you can always put them to proof.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not got any proof I was in the. Store but I was Thank you for your help