How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I have been charged with being in charge of a motor vehicle

This answer was rated:

I have been charged with being in charge of a motor vehicle above the alcohol limit. The place on the charge sheet is wrong and does not exist. What does this mean
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you.How wrong is the address? Is it the street or the town?
Alice H and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was in Birchwood Road, Exmouth when the police arrested me. The charge sheet has it as Birchwood Wood, which does not exist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When approx will the solicitor call
The issue with the address is not going to help unfortunately. As soon as the problem with the address is raised the prosecution will apply to amend the charge; the amendment will be granted by the court as this is such a minor technicality. The High Court has said in many similar cases in the past that minion technicalities will not result in prosecutions being dismissed especially when they can be rectified without any prejudice to you. After all you are not suggesting that you weren't arrested nor are you suggesting that you weren't in the street in question.