How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  I am a solicitor with particular expertise in road traffic law.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Have been sent a written charge of "fail to give information

This answer was rated:

Have been sent a written charge of "fail to give information relating identification of driver. But I responded soon as I get the first notify letter since 10/2015 assume that my letter got lost. Please advice what should I do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But the driver that wasn't me that time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
With 3 options they offer me.
Plead guilty online
Plead guilty at court and
Plead not quilty
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you. If you posted it within the time limits then you have a defence, however you will need to persuade the court that you did post the reply. This is not always easy to do. Also you must now inform the prosecuting authority that you did reply and also tell them who the driver was.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much cost to carry out my case through the process.
prices charged vary yo will need to shop around with solicitors. For 1 early hearing, prep & one trial your costs shouldn't be more than £500 + VAT.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will someone from you will represent me in court?
No this is an online answering service only. I don't think that I am allowed to recommend any particular firms on this site to instruct. But if you follow this link and search under crime and your area you will be able to find a number of solicitors who will be willing to represent you.
LondonlawyerJ and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you