How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71133
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son has been caught on camera driving at 91mph on a motorway in a 60mph zone. he is 18

This answer was rated:

my son has been caught on camera driving at 91mph on a motorway in a 60mph zone.
he is 18yrs old and has held his licence for 18mths
he will lose his job as a trainee qs if he loses his licence
Are you asking if he will be banned?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
any possible outcomes really?
I am sorry but a short ban is quite likely. This is nearly 50% over the speed limit. That would normally lead to between 7 - 56 days disqualification.It is possible that he could just get 6 points but then his licence would be revoked.It is possible they could charge this as a driving without due care but actually that doesn't really change the sentencing options all that much so it probably won't happen.There will also be a financial penalty but that isn't his primary concern.The only real hope is that they forget to summons him which might happen. They do that sometimes.Can I clarify anything for you? I'm just off line for about an hour but I'll be home soon.Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. When you say forget to summons him,does this mean he may only receive points and a fine without appearing and receiving a ban.
He can enter a plea in absence although they will probably ask him to attend for consideration of disqualification.Ultimately though, he is on a summons not on bail so they would have to sentence in absence.
Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you