Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I received a notice of driving 105mph speed on mortorway. I

Customer Question

I received a notice of driving 105mph speed on mortorway. I am worrying that I might get a driving ban.Please advise
Category: Traffic Law
Do you have any other points?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I have clean licence
I presume this was a 70 mph zone? It had not been reduced?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was a 70mph zone
In that case, you are at risk of a short ban of between 7 – 56 days but you would almost certainly just get 6 points. This at the lower end of the sentencing bracket anyway and, in the absence of any other aggravating features, there is no real justification for an outright ban. There will also be a financial penalty though I am afraid. Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any idea of how much the penalty would be and also is there any way to avoid the driving ban. I do not mind the points and penalty
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is if possible to go for a speeding course instead
No. The speed is too high proportionate to the limit for a speed awareness course.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much the penalty would be? Is there any way to avoid the driving ban. I do not mind the points and penalty
As I have said, it is likely that you would receive points rather than a ban.As I have said, it is likely that you would receive points rather than a ban. There will be a costs order of £85, a fine of roughly 125-175% of your weekly income and the victim surcharge of roughly 10% of the fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have to appear at court and will it be a criminal conviction if so how long will it take to remove from the records i.e 6 years
No but they will probably summons you to attend to consider your representations about a ban.It will remain at the DVLA for 4 years, for 3 years on your licence and for 5 - 10 years for the purposes of insurance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your answers
No problem.All the best.