How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ash is online now
Traffic Law
This answer was rated:

We have a speeding fine on m4 but cant remember who was

driving. We asked for photos... Show More
driving. We asked for photos but its was night time and the back of the car is the only photo we were sent the police have said I have 28 days ( 21gone) to answer or I will br fined with penalty points My husband and I are always on the motorway and do not know which one of us was driving what can we do? I have a clean licence and I m not taking points if it wasnt me the speed was 81 in 70 limit on M4 can you advise please
Show Less
Ask Your Own Traffic Law Question
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Are you a company or individual please?Alex
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
Ok - did you send the document back naming all those that COULD have been driving?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
No i said it was either myself or my husband we are the only two on the insurance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
I sent the form back asking for the phots
Ok. Then you need to send it back saying it was either you or husband.That is your legal obligation to name all those who could have been driving.You are not required to do any more than that. If you dont then you will be guilty of failing to provide information and get 6 points.But you need to reply back nominating both as potential drivers - that is all the law asks.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
What will happen then
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
They have told me its my responsibility to name the driver but we dont know which one of us it was. The photo doesnt show who it is so where will they take it after i name us both as drivers? Do i need to get a solicitor?
No - you should name BOTH. That is all you have to do.You dont need a Solicitor.Can I clarify anything for you about this today?Alex
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
No thank you for your help
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex