How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can i get a case moved from one magistrate to an other. I

This answer was rated:

Can i get a case moved from one magistrate to an other.
I was caught for speeding in London before Christmas and was out of the country when the fixed penalty came through and therefore did not return it in time and causing the issue to go to court .
I have today received a letter from the court in London telling me i must attend in July.
I live in Somerset which is six hours way at best. Is there a way i can get this case moved a little closer to home .
Lee stanley

Hello Lee my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you intending on pleading guilty or not guilty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am guilty i have never denied that i already have 6 points and the letter says it was adjourned because the court is considering disqualifing me

Ok - you can ask the Court to move it. But generally the matter is dealt with at the Court area which the offence occurred.

You can ask the Court to transfer it to your local Court as you are pleading guilty and if you are disqualified at least you will be local and get home.
But you need to write to the Court and make a formal application
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you