How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I parked in a car park, and when I returned I noticed I had

Customer Question

I parked in a car park, and when I returned I noticed I had a parking notice on my windscreen. I had bought a ticket, but somehow one half was on display and the other half had fallen on to the car seat. The company that issued the notice are called Armtrack security. They have photographic evidence of one half of the ticket in the window showing the serial number.
I contacted them with a photo of the whole ticket, and I said that this was proof to have the parking charge revoked.
I have just received another letter, and they will not accept my appeal and are still demanding £100 which they have said will keep increasing if the charge is not paid within a. Certain time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

On what basis did they reject your appeal please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said that it was a parking charge for not displaying a parking ticket. They said the photo was not proof.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Sadly these are private fines and can be enforced due to a recent decision at the Supreme Court in London with Parking Eye.

However if the appeal failed then you can complain to their professional body which is the Independent Parking Community:

They may also be able to consider your complaint. The only downside is that you were not displaying a full valid ticket - this may be where your case falls down.

If you refuse to pay they could take you to a small claims Court. You would then have to convince a Judge that you are not liable. Hopefully, if it gets this far, the Judge will take a common sense approach.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?