How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My vehicle has been impounded by the police a vehicle

This answer was rated:

My vehicle has been impounded by the police for driving a vehicle without a third party insurance, i was told even though i had a comprehensive traders insurance the vihicle still needed to have an insurance policy of its own. I do not want to insure this car at the moment so i need to know if i can declare the vehicle SORN and have it recovered to my home. I would like advice on if this is legally possible as i the vehicle wont be on the road.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

If the vehicle is SORN how will you get it to your home please?

Ash and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when im i getting called please?

What is your number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for the call, I would like to print out a copy of the traffic act section that has to do with the issue, i have a feeling the police might try to be difficult when i request for the vehicle to be recovered.

Look in Part VI of the Road Traffic Act 1988