How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 71158
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Jo, I got a pcn but forgot about it. They sent the reminders

This answer was rated:

Hi Jo, I got a pcn but forgot about it. They sent the reminders to our old address ( I did not know my husband hadn't changed the registered address) and we filed a statutory out of time but it has been decline. I'd just like to pay the Halifax but I don't have any of the demands or letters. How do I get those?

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lambeth Council
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it should read I'd like to pay the baliffs

Sorry, I see.

How did you find out about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a year later I got another ticket and couldn't find it so rang them to get a pcn number so I could pay it. They couldn't find it (turns out that was a TFL ticket) but said there was one outstanding but had been sent to Northampton. I rang the court and they advised me to file an out of time but it was refused. All I want to do is get the documentation so I can pay it but there is no further information on how to do that.
You can appeal the refusal.
However, probably at this stage your best option is to find out from Northampton what is outstanding.. They are usually pretty helpful. At the very least they should tell you what con numbers are outstanding and who is the issuer so that you can check with the issuer which bailiff they use.
To do an out of time stay Dec though then you must have had the issue number.
If you know it is Lambeth council then the council parking office should tell you the status and if it is with bailiffs which firm.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies what is a con number? The council previously told me they couldn't help me as it had been sent to court and gave me Northamptonshire number. By issue number do you mean pcn?Northampton previously just said file the out of time, and then you'll hear from council. But all we've heard is its been refused with no further info.Will there be a CCJ against my husband (actually it's my husband who is being cited here as registered in his name). We never have debts outstanding so this is really worrying us. I feel very guilty as I was at this heavily pregnant here with worrying medical issues and so this whole thing got lost in my panic.
Ythat should have read PcN number. I think it's pre emotive spelling on the iPad.
No, this should lead to a c c j. It is just a parking fine.
Sorry, should not lead to a ccj
How did you appeal without a PcN number?
The council can't negotiate with you but they can tell you which bailiff it is with.
The reason it has been refused is that out of time ones usually are. You can appeal.
I'm offline overnight now but I can return to this in the morning at about 10am ish if you have further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK to summarise:
- we have pcn
- Call Northampton and double check issuer,amount outstanding?
- Call council assuming it is Lambeth and ask for bailiffs.
-we should not get a CCJ for parking fine.
Please can you verify.
If you have the PcN number then call Northampton.
If they are unhelpful then you could try the traffic adjudicator which is probably PTAs. They are usually pretty helpful and should tell you which borough council it is. Then talk to the council who should give you the bailiffs details.
Jo C. and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No problem. All the best.