Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

It's the implication of a guilty plea for a Failure to

Hi - it's the implication of a guilty plea for a Failure to Comply with Insurance regulations on a car that was not being driven or on the public road, just I'd forgot to SORN. I was wondering how the conviction would affect things like future car insurance, house purchases etc.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Someone who deals with car insurance things would likely be best!

Are you asking what sentence you will get ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the outcome of the sentence afterwards. I had an initial fine for £50 which I paid, then went on holiday and got back to a court summons as I'd forgotten to SORN the car in the meantime. I've spoken to the DVLA who say that there's a £100 on their record, but that because there's a summons I can't pay them the money to stop it. The magistrate's court says the same thing - I'm happy to pay the fine but just worried about ramifications afterwards and whether it would be worth pursuing trying to get the DVLA to let me sort it out of court (which they've said they can't but might be a possibility on the day of the court case?).

It is always worth asking. If they have summonsed already then the answer would probably be a negative one but you don't know until you ask.

You can always make that offer.

Even if it goes to to court though, this is a non recordable offence like a speeding fine so it would be disclosable for the purposes of your DBS or for credit files.

The DVLA do keep a record but it would not be added to PNC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, that's put my mind at rest - so the penalty is on the same level as a speeding fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your comment above "this is a non recordable offence like a speeding fine so it would be disclosable for the purposes of your DBS or for credit files" do you mean "wouldn't"?

Yes, spot on. Would not.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's perfect, thanks very much for your help

No problem.

All the best.