How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 6429
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I moved house 11 months ago but forgot to change my address

This answer was rated:

I moved house 11 months ago but forgot to change my address on the V5C and Driver license. I now want to correct this error either online or by post.
Will I be fined or penalised for correcting (changing the address and stating correctly when I moved: 11 months ago) this?
where do I stand, please your professional advice is required.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have your current V5 document with the old addrss on?

@ address @

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the v5c still has the old address

You can do this online. Although technically it is an offence if you correct it now they won't prosecute. After all they won't know when you actually moved.

So do it online so it's quick or amend the v5 and send it to Swansea.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is.... correct it now best related to now or 11 months ago.


Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you