Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was recently involved in a collision between a van and a

Dear Sir/Madam,
I was recently involved in a collision between a van and a motorcycle. I was the motorcycle rider. The way I see it, the van cut in across my path and hit me, resulting my motorbike crash and a damage of more than £2400 to my bike.
I have a video evidence and a panoramic photo showing the trajectories of the vehicles.
Do you think I am on the right in this case and should I go for a claim?
Kind regards,
Theodoros Katoglou

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

If the van cut across then yes, it is his fault.

But go through your insurance, they will deal with this for you.

But based on what you have said, you are not at fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was overtaking a van on a hash-marked piece of road I shouldn't be driving on. He then turned in to me suddenly without warning.I have a video evidence for you to have a look at, how can I upload this for you?

Ok - was it a solid white line you overtook?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please have a look at the attached picture showing the road layout as well as the trajectories of the vehicles. Red is the van, Yellow is the motorcycle.How could I forward you the video footage? I have it all recorded.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The van driver did not indicate until he started turning. The video footage shows that.

Ok - I dont think its your fault. Its not a solid white line you crossed so I think you are fine.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does, but I would like you to watch the video, so you could comment on this please.
How could I forward you the video please?

Can you upload it somewhere?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please give me a minute.

Sure. I am about to go into Court so it may be a while

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, here is the linkhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4EqdgzXmdGFVVZFRDllSmU5RVEThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If your internet browser can't play it, here is the download link:https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B4EqdgzXmdGFVVZFRDllSmU5RVE

Thanks. I think its 50/50.

You shouldnt have been there and he should not have cut you up

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, this is sufficient, thank you very much.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem, will do, thanks.