How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 10600
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have received a Notice Of Intended Prosecution dated

This answer was rated:

I have received a Notice Of Intended Prosecution dated 7/3/17 for an Audi N44 WCL doing 60mph . The alleged offence took place at A55 Colwyn Bay (Junction 21) Westbound, Conwy. Firstly, I thought the speed limit was 70 and did not know it had dropped at that point. It took place at 10.41, its just possible it may have been me at this time.
But most importantly my car is an Audi M44 WCL (not N44 WCL as shown on the NIP)
Lastly although I cannot disclose this the rear number plate had fallen off! Later repaired.
It's all very strange, I do not know if I should point out the registration is wrong, my fear there is then they will just correct it. Or if I should wait for the prosecution and hope the wrong reg is shown and then say it's not me.
I have a clean licence but did go on an awareness course 18months ago.
Your advice is welcome.
***** *****head

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with.

You want to know if you can get off because the reg is wrong?

Do you accept the offence though, save for that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.I had a meeting that day circa 5 miles from the alleged offence. The offence occurred at 10.41 and my meeting commenced at 10.30. I could have been late but it seams a little out to me.The car was missing its rear number plate.I thought the speed limit was 70, there is a 50 later on which I always stick to.It is possible that is was me at this time so I would not be able to stand up in court and say it was not. It just all seams a little strange to me.Coupled with this the reg being wrong.
I can see two choices
1. Tell them the reg is wrong and they will possible reissue
2. Wait for the prosecution and the reg may still be wrongYour advice is welcome

Ok. If you dispute it then they can take it to court. They can simply amend th prosecution to amend the plate.

The court will allow this, as often there are mistakes Ina. Reg or the person named. It is about prosecuting the mischief behind the offence. So a wrong reg does not invalidate it.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you