How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 7094
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Ive got a penalty charge notice 6 months after i sold my

This answer was rated:

ive got a penalty charge notice 6 months after i sold my car. the bailiff got the proof from my insurer and the letter from DVLA that the car has been sold, but they ignore it, and still want to attend to my house. What can i do ?

Hello Richard my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Was this as a result of a Court order?

Jamie-Law and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think

I will call shortly.

You need to get a Copy of the Court order.

If its County court you need to apply to set it aside by completing form N244:

You send that to the Court that gave you the order to pay.

If its Magistrates Court you need to appeal that order.

So you call the Court, ask them for an appeal form, complete it and send it in

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
finally , i got a response from the bailiff company, but instead the court order they sent me the warrant order. with those details can i still fill up the N244 form ? how can i pay the fee (£255 as i want to be at hearing) ?

Yes it would be £255. You send a cheque