Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I Was wondering if i could ask few questions regarding my

Hi ***** wondering if i could ask few questions regarding my brother facing driving ban.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My brother has 9 points and he received another ticket for speeding. He's been offered speed awarness course but due to his depression he just can't attend room of 20 people for 4 hours. He's so worried we tryed contacting course providers for him to do one to one but no luck. What will happen next what can you advice us
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Helo

ultimately, if he doesn't attend speed awareness course then they will probably summons him to court and he will be at risk of disqualification.

There is no alternative. The only other hope is that they neglect to summons him.

The course providers do not offer a one-on-one alternative.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does he have to atted court or can it be done by letter as he has this fear of being in room with people

he doesn't have to attend court in principle that if he does not they will convict him in absence and he will lose his chance to make representations upon whether or not he should be banned.

I am afraid that not being in a room with other people is not really an option in these proceedings

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what did you mean by if they neglect to summons him

they may get summons. That does happen sometimes. It is honesty not something that can be relied on but it is possible

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok lets say he books the course and then don't show up will that be worst for him or not , will it affect his case

not particularly worse. It just means that they will summons. It doesn't aggravate the penalty particularly.

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
if he gets lawyer to represent him in court on his behalf without him attending will that help at all

He can respond to a summons by sending a representative but that person can't give evidence for him which he would need to do if he is to avoid disqualification.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok Thank you.

No problem

All the best.