Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

Ive received notice of an unpaid parking charge. I over

Customer Question

Hi, Ive received notice of an unpaid parking charge. I over stayed at a car park by 15 minutes, which is privately run, I never said at the time I had an asthma attack, which meant I wasn't able to leave before the time limit was up. They have passed it onto a debt recovery company who if I don't pay will take me to court. Any advice?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Scotland and it happened at Strathkelvin Retail Park. Do know if it had been a council run car park I would have paid.
Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Thank you. I am at the stage of paying it just to get them off my back as I couldn't afford to go to court.
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: All I have had is 2 letters from Euro car park and now have my second letter from DRP saying if I dont make arrangements to pay they will recommendation that they take court action against myself
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: there is nothing else
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Euro Car Parks; they have passed it to DRP to collect
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Ok. Are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It says liability for this charge in Scotland and Northern Ireland is the driver of the vehicle at the time this charge was issued is responsible for the payment of the charge.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

OK. so what is your question?