How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3215
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was photographed in a bus lane and issued with a PCN. The

Customer Question

I was photographed in a bus lane and issued with a PCN. The reverse side of the PCN invited the submission of mitigating circumstances.I submitted my case honestly that due to the traffic congestion I accidentally went into a bus lane but the traffic prevented me from getting out,so I continued in the bus lane to near the end and broke back into the traffic.
The Council person assessing the case made a written statement " The CCTV evidence" your vehicle was observed using the bus lane to gain an unfair advantage over other drivers who were using the correct lane in the carriageway"The location of the CCTV was near the end of the bus lane.I feilt this was defamation of my character and had no authority to make a such a statement! The CCTV camera is not intelligent to be able to read my mind to determine that my entry was premeditated and implied I was a liar.
Secondly it was his opinion not even knowing me or my character! As this is on record I wish to bring a claim against the Council and the individual that made the statement for defamation of my character with damages and an apology and removal of this statement against my name. I have sent a "letter before action"with no response and intend to issue the action on-line under the small claims court
What is your opinion?
Thank you
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Are you asking if you should pay?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No! The actual PCN issue is with the London Tribunal Service.
The action for defamation I wish to bring separately.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

For what?

What is the defamation?