How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3232
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

WE are a Ltd company. Our employees use, with our authority,

Customer Question

WE are a Ltd company. Our employees use, with our authority, company cars. An employee has now left as of last week. We have now received a speeding fine for the vehicle that he was using at the time. We insure the vehicles.
1. Are we liable or can we say, not guilty and point the blame at him.
2. We tried to contact him and he has left his address.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 4 months ago.

I'm a barrister experienced in road traffic offences. Can I ask where in the country this took place?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was in the UK. Initially it appears the company thought another employee was driving but we now have a picture of the ex employee driving. All in the UK
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 4 months ago.

Where in the UK - which town or county?