Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

DO TRAFFIC LIGHT CAMERAS NORMALLY HAVE WARNING SIGNS

Hi have you received a fine?

please explain exactly what as happened

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I have not received a fine. I have just been through a set of traffic lights just as they turned red. The road surface looked wet and slippery so I didn't want to brake quickly in case of skidding as there was a car behind me. There were a couple of small cameras before the lights facing in different directions. They may have been road traffic monitoring cameras. There are definitely no signs before the lights warning motorists of traffic signal cameras. My understanding is that there is normally a warning sign before traffic light cameras even though this is not a legal requirement. Is this correct? Thanks for your help.

I'm afraid it is not correct.

The "warning sign" is a complete myth. There is no obligation to warn motorists of detection devices at all.

There is an obligation to notify motorists of the rules of the road - e.g the existing of traffic lights.

Sorry if that is bad news.