Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was driving in the morning to my office and I saw a mobile

Hi,I was driving in the morning to my office and I saw a mobile speed camera van on the side in Cambridge science park. I saw my speedometer and i was going at 32 mph in a 30 mph zone. I was not stopped by a police officer but i have read that i can still be issued a ticket via mail. I understand that going 1 mph above the limit is considered to be breaking the law on the other hand i have heard that practically police officers usually give out tickets at +10% of the speed limit.I guess the question i am asking is what is the probability of getting a ticket in this case?Thanks,
Hamza

You could but it is quite unlikely with such a low transgression.

It is still an offence but the detection devices are less reliable at lower levels which is why they allow for 10%.

I wouldn't panic about it. It is not going to happen.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks...i guess we will find out in 2 weeks but as you said the chances seem to be low.

Yes, very low.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/