Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Got a conditional offer of fixed penalty notice, £100 fine

Customer Question

Got a conditional offer of fixed penalty notice, £100 fine and 3 points on my licence.This is a first offence and was doing 33 in a 30 zone.Why wasn't I offered the awareness course and is it worth requesting the evidence.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

We're you speeding ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was my son who was stopped, he was doing 33 mph.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay.

WAs he speeding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as I said in previous message, doing 33 in a 30 zone.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You can request the evidence. There isn't really much point because then that would commit you to a court appearance. Since you accept that you were speeding that would be rather pointless.

It is impossible to say why they chose not to offer the awareness course. It may not be available in your area or it may be oversubscribed. Either way it is a discretionary matter. They do not have to make it available. There is no appeal arising from the fact that they did not.

Cannot clarify anything for you?