How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 11075
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have just purchase a house with a parking bay and my

This answer was rated:

I have just purchase a house with a parking bay and my neighbours contest the fact I own the land and deliberately park on it. Do I have any legal grounds I can act on?
Thanks Mark

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Is it in your deeds that you own it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its clearly stated and it is also marked on the searches received from the county response.

Ok, you can write to the neighbour and ask them to stop.

If they refuse then you can get a local Solicitor to write and ask them to stop or say you will go to Court.

If that does not work then you can issue proceedings using form N1:

And N16a:

The court will list the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to grant an injunction preventing parking,

If the Court does and they continue to park, then this could be contempt of Court, which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 3 other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you