Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Speeding ticket in chepstow in WALES - NIP and paperwork

Customer Question

hi - speeding ticket in chepstow in WALES - NIP and paperwork didn't reach me the first time as it went to my previous address in England - so i made a statutory declaration in the magistrates court - now have copies of the paperwork and a court date rescheduled in a few days. Q1 - as the original paperwork went to the wrong address and so i didn't know of the prosecution for about 8 months after the alleged offense, should this case still be heard at all ? ..supplementary Qs to follow if the answer is "yes"!
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in WALES
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: ? did you read the text in my first msg?
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: hi - then it's a question of what i should now do on attending court - i have three points and got an £800 pound fine a few weeks ago so would like to avoid that again if possible!
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Are you asking if it is out of time?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi . Yes in the first instance.

No. You made a statutory declaration

When you do that, it is on the basis that it is not time barred.

So no, they are not time barred now.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Otherwise, everyone would wait until its time barred, then make a statutory declaration

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ah...but i made the stat dec because i hsd not received any paperwork...it was sent to a previous address. I request the paperwork from the clerks at the court. Si the first time I had notice was after
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ah...but i made the stat dec because i hsd not received any paperwork...it was sent to a previous address. I request the paperwork from the clerks at the court. Si the first time I had notice was after i made the declaration!

Yes, I realise that. But the fact you made a stat dec means it is NOT time barred any more.

That is why - it is part of the stat dec.

Does that clarify?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.