Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My local council want to put parking restrictions in the

Customer Question

My local council want to put parking restrictions in the road alongside my house with parking limited to 4 hours. I have nowhere else to park close to my house, I have lived at my house for 33 years. I think this has been done with no consideration to other people that park here. I can send paperwork and council plan’s. Thanks’, Kirk A. *******

Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Sorry for the delay.

What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am having Email problems. Also my printer/scanner has failed. I will try to photograph the documents and load them onto a "stick" so I can load them into my PC and Email them to you.Regards, Kirk
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have lived at my address for 32 years
I bought the house because it was on corner and therefore I had parking alongside my property.
both my self and my wife have cars and we both work
My wife is 75 years pof age and I am 74 years of age.
We cannot have parking in front of my house because it is on a .corner
We cannot park in my driveway as it is not long enough. and my car would obstruct the pavementThe reasons wy we have parking problems is because the opposite neighbour parks thre transit van’s, one transit lorry, and two large cars in the road.
A much better idea would be if there was a restriction on the size of vehicle that was allowed to park in Norwood Ave. and also that the vehicles are taxed as Goods vehicles.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

I really need to know what your question about this is?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What sort of response do I make to try and stop this happening?
Have I any rights ancient or otherwise?
Kirk.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you receive the photographs I sent?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

Yes, but they are really not relevant.

What I need to know is what is your question about this?

What is the basis of the restriction? Why shouldn't they do this? Nobody has a right to park outside their own property per se.