Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I hope you well. I am about to get 6 points for using a

Customer Question

Hi there. I hope you well. I am about to get 6 points for using a phone. I was not using phone, I have billing to prove it and I have letter from my employer to prove we using Bluetooth set . Am I qualified for legal aid ? If not how much it will cost to represent me in court? And can you deal with that? Trial is at 2 pm , 20th of April, Stockport. Thank you. Hubert
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

Are you asking us to represent you at trial?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
First of all I will like to know is this kind offense qualified for free legal aid? If I am not qualifying I would like to ask you to represent me in court please. And I also need to know how much you will charge me?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

No, it won't. Nobody gets legal aid for this. it is not imprisonable.

We don't represent people on this site. It is a question and answer site.

I can provide advise though for the sum you paid.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That will be great. Waiting for your advice. Thank you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

You will need to ask a question obviously?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just wanna know what I can do in this situation to avoid points on my driving license?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

well, there are no guarantees obviously.

If you say that you were not using a phone then you go to court and plead not guilty and have a trial. You may as well produce your billing records but it does not prove that you didn't make a phone call outs. At least it goes some of the way though.

In terms of a letter from your employer, that is not admissible. The employer needs to come to court and give evidence and be cross-examined about it.