Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I went to Birmingham Airport to pick my son up after his

Customer Question

I went to Birmingham Airport to pick my son up after his holiday, as I was approaching the airport he telephoned me to advise me he had cleared passport control and customs.
At this time I was on the main road leading to the airport, which was very busy, as it is an offence to use the mobile while driving and the double yellow lines, I pulled into a turning leading to the car parks where people leave their cars while on holiday, I was only stopped for at the most, three/four mins.
I then carried on to pick my son up, paying £5-00 to enter the car park, to do so, the reason it was done like this is because the time before when picking a friend up who had been on holiday, they got held up at passport control it cost £35-00 to get out, being it is only a short stay area.
I am a disabled person and not very mobile, and I don't think I could have done anything different, I have pulled into a safe place to answer my phone and been find £100-00 for doing so.
Can you please advise me on this matter.Kind Regards.
Roger Garnham.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Are you asking about being on phone or parking where you shouldnt have?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It seems I have paid £32-00 for nothing. I parked to answer the phone, is that an offence.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

I need the information I asked for. Can't help without it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have given all the information I can in my question, I have also sent you an email telling not to bother as it seems I have paid you £32-00 for very little in return. Please don't bother anymore, and return my money.R. Gatnham.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Sorry ,can't help then.

Good luck.