Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have just received a speeding ticket through the post by

Customer Question

Hello, I have just received a speeding ticket through the post by manned equipment doing 82mph in a 70mph on the M6. A photo of the offence was not included with the notice. I have a clean license. I'm self employed and need my car for my job. Can you give me any advice on how to proceed.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

why are you asking about photo?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm asking about a photo because I've been caught on camera in the past for other offences and a photo was always included.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Were you speeding?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Was I speeding for the other offences? No.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Not sure what you mean?

What other offences?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm answering your questions! You asked me "why are you asking about photo?" I told you!
Can you answer my original concern or not? Is it relevant that no photo was included with the notice of intended prosecution, or not?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Would it be possible to give me the information I asked for?

It is simple enough. Were you speeding?

Alternatively I can answer on this information but then the answer will probably be wrong. Matter for you of course

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can't remember if I was speeding.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

In that case you will have a problem.

The reality is that they don't need to send photographic evidence. Sometimes they do and sometimes not. It is not a legal requirement.

Photographic evidence must exist because that is how devices gather the registration numbers and they have got your details from the DVLA so they must have your registration number.

If you don't know whether you were speeding or not then there is really no merit in a challenge though as we cant assess the risks.