How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 3338
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was driving my car and ran an turning to red light when an

Customer Question

I was driving my car and ran an amber turning to red light when an oncoming car turned right as their traffic light was green. I drove into them. The passenger in the other car got a fractured wrist and dislocated knee so it was pretty serious and she is in pain, their vehicle had small to medium damage. Speed was around 15mph. I have hospital records for the lady but she cant go back to work and has anxiety from the accident. I would like a second opinion on the matter. Would like to settle soon before this escalates. Her loss of earnings are estimated to be around £6000. (26 weeks × 228)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A reasonable settlement offer taking into account her injuries, time off work and longterm losses. I would like to know the minimum and maximum settlement offer. Is there anything that can be said additionally?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Do you have evidence of loss of earnings?
Do you have evidence of the psychiatric damage?
Has she had a proper medical report setting out causation and prognosis?

Havent you report this to your insurers? They would deal with any claim.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got a medical and police report as well as evidence for the loss of earnings. Insurance advised to give independent legal advice and second opinions. Are you able to give a rough estimate?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

No. Because unless I know the injuries and prognosis I can not give an estimate.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have stated there was a fracture to the wrist and dislocated knee. There was psychological harm from the accident for getting in the car in the future and the prognosis was she will be okay but will have 26 weeks off work.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Yes but you need a prognosis period. Without that I can’t advise.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Isn't that the 26 weeks?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

No. That is just time off work. That does not mean they won’t be injured beyond that.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!