Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Im trying to get information about my driving licence as

Customer Question

Im trying to get information about my driving licence as DVLA AS Lost all records of me i passd my driving test in 1968 / 1969 as im trying to prove to dvla so i can get all my categories back on my driving licence can you halp me please peter chadwick
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what records do you mean?

what catagories are you talking about?

can you just apply for a new licence?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi jo c yes i have a new licence but dvla have lost my records with my entitlements ie like towing and 7.500 tons they say i must find records from when my first passd my test it was a red book licennce
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Well, it is quite unlikely that you could do that now.

But they must have the green licence records. They did add them all to computers in the 1970s so it should have come to attention before now.

They have lost 3 million records in recent years so you may have an argument.

You can complain to the information commissioner and also to your MP as this is becoming quite widespread and the DVLA can find information when it suits them.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you jo
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will get back to you jo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/