How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 4474
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I've been involved in accident what to do I'm scared, No I'm

Customer Question

I've been involved in accident what to do I'm scared
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: No I'm not sure what to do
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I hit run as I was panicking and running scared I drove off
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: So who are you then
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Can you explain the accident circumstances in more detail please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I was driving along at 30 mph and someone steppedals out between two cars into me
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you help me
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 months ago.

OK, were they injured and what time of day was this? Do you have insurance?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It was mid day and I'm not sure but yes I was insured
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ive not reported it yet as I'm to scared what to do
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this is not a live chat service I am afraid so there are delays with responses.

You would be advised to report this to the Police on the 101 non emergency number. You should also notify your insurers as they will likely say this is a term of your policy that you notify them of all accidents. In terms of the Police, it is much better to tell them now and not let them seek witnesses and find you at some point. If you tell them sooner rather than later then you may get away with a fine and penalty points only.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I get support I'm worried I might go to jail I don't know what to do
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 months ago.

You need to speak to a law firm who can deal with road traffic offences - you may be able to get legal aid too. Whereabouts are you as I can research a couple of firms you can approach

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ashton under lyne
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 months ago.

Try these, both local to you and one of them will be able to help :

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,


Expert:  JimLawyer replied 3 months ago.

Good morning, if you can please click to accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating I would be grateful