iram a
iram a,
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

I am currently preparing my UK British-citizenship

Hello, I am currently preparing my UK British-citizenship application and I have been asked to included the fixed penalty charges. I do not have any fixed penalty charges but I have two penalty charge notices but they are not fixed. Do I have to include them in my application?

i am reviewing your question.

will be back shortly.

hi,

i can help you for your concerns.

you should disclose it and explain then this is penalty charge notice.

A fixed penalty notice (FPN), penalty charge notice (PCN) or penalty notices for disorder (PND) are a way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences without the need for a person to attend court. Receiving one does not form part of a person‟s criminal record as there is no admission of guilt.

In determining whether an applicant meets the "good character" requirement, caseworkers should not normally take into account fixed penalty notices, unless the applicant has received numerous fixed penalty notices in the last 12 months, and this would suggest a pattern of behaviour that calls into question their character. Equally, a fixed penalty notice would not be disregarded if there were criminal proceedings for failure to pay and his led to a more serious penalty as a result. If an application is refused on the basis of either of these reasons, the applicant should be advised that he or she can reapply at a time when he or she does not have more than one fixed penalty notice in the twelve month period before making an application.

Caseworkers should note that if a fixed penalty notice or fiscal fine has been referred to a court due to the non-payment of the fine or if the notice has been challenged by the applicant and subsequently upheld by the court then this is treated as a conviction for the purposes of both the criminality threshold periods (for applications made on or after 13 December 2012) and the 1974 Act (as amended) or Rehabilitation of Offenders (N. Ireland) Order 1978 (for applications made on or before 12 December 2012) and will attract a rehabilitation period.

Please see the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/nationalityinstructions/nichapter18/ch18annexd?

please give 5 star rating.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thank you