Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I already had 6 points on my license for speeding fines (3

I already had 6 points on my license for speeding fines (3 should drop off at the end of june) O have just received 2 notifications on consecutive days that I have been captured on camera doing 35 mph and 38 mph in a 30 limit area. Potentially I may get 6 more points ...woo I get disqualified from driving ? Help!.
Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: North Yorkshire
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: It hasn't got that far yet. I am about to send back confirmation that I was driving the car. This was a couple of weeks ago ...I've just come back from holiday.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really I am just very worried about the consequences and implications.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can i help please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need to know what the likely good of me being disqualified from driving is ....do you get poi rd automatically for being 35 mph in 30 limit area ?

Have you had the speed awareness course?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have.

Can you argue exceptional hardship?

What would happen if you lost your licence?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I live in a rural area in North Yorkshire . I work part-time to top up my pension until I get my state pension I 3 years. This is accessible only by car. My Mother is in a care home 15 miles away only accessible by car I need to visit her regularly and if she is hospitalized I need to go Dailey. In a word I would not be able to live where I do without a car.

Why can't you use taxis?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The cost would be too much.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you suggesting I will definitely get a ban ?

You do have the option of asking the bench not to disqualify you on the basis that you will suffer exceptional hardship.

Exceptional hardship is a high test though and you do have the burden of proof. It means more than mere inconvenience. We would all suffer inconvenience if we couldn't drive but that isn't the same thing as exceptional hardship.

The place to start is to get confirmation from your employers than you would lose your job without a licence.

If they won't go that far then you need to prove why it is impossible to do your job by public transport. That might mean gathering bus and train timetables and a log of your monthly movements so show why it cannot be done. If it can be done but it is disproportionately expensive then you need to cost the journeys and establish why it would cost more than you earn which is simple enough by producing your income records.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I guess at the moment there is nothing to do except wait and see if I get a court summonds .?
My employers would verify the need for a car. It is in the middle of nowhere no buses no trains.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My main question was does 35 mph in 30 limit get three points ?

Yes.