Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Maybe, I have been referred to court attendance because

maybe, I have been referred to court attendance because second time in 1 year at over 70mph ( over 100 both times) I just trying to understand the chances of having license pulled. Occurred in Kent UK. am 56 driving for 40 years. no tickets in last 8-9 years
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Kent UK
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

so you mean you were driving at over 100mph in 70 limit?

and whats the time scale?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what do you mean by timescale?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tickets about 10 months apart

you mentioned 'both times'?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is that it then?

Read again?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ticket 1 Jan 2018 - Ticket 2 May 2019

Ticket 1 can't be before the court now? They are out of time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry my failure on clarification. If I already have 6 points on my licence e and am up for another similar charge and they call for court what is the likelihood they will rescind licence? Barring I have no criminal record and last offences were years before?

Oh I see.

What was the limit and what was the speed this time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
70 M25 - 108 mph

Thanks for the information.

If this is a 108 mph in a 70 mph zone then it does fall just under the highest guideline allowing them to impose either 4-6 points or a ban of between 7-28 days.

The risk here is 6 points as that would render you liable to totting.

To avoid or reduce the risk of 6 point you would normally refer to the shortness of any distance driven at speed, the clarity of vision, the absence of heavy traffic, the clemency of weather and the absence of vulnerable road users.

A short ban would be unlucky but, in fairness, a short ban can be better than points sometimes because points remain on licences for very much longer although bans do have a horrendous impact upon insurance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No that is excellent advice and I understand Thank you for your patience. I will enquire with insurers as too potential future impact yo help define plea. Best Regards..

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/