How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 9104
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Makanza i have PCN that i need help with that is due for a

This answer was rated:

my name is ***** ***** i have PCN that i need help with that is due for a small claims court on the 25th october
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, where is this? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?
Customer: aldershot
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Dear Mr Cornelius Makanza,We act for UK Car Park Mangement Limited.
As you may now be aware, we have a hearing date set for the 25th October 2019 at 10:00. The Court highly encourages the parties to make contact prior to this in an attempt to settle the matter without the need for this to take place, and as such, we are contacting you to discuss such.
Please find enclosed to this email our clients photographic evidence relating to PCN Number(###) ###-#### This charge was issued for not having a valid permit displayed and for parking outside of a designated area, as you are parked on double yellow lines which is not allowed on this site. All signage states the terms and conditions of parking there and the photographic evidence shows that your vehicle is within view of one of the warning signs throughout the land. It is the drivers responsibility to ensure that parking is permitted before leaving the vehicle unattended.
Notwithstanding the above, our client is keen to settle the matter without the need for both parties to attend the hearing, and propose a reduced settlement in the sum of £170.00, as they are currently claiming £246.23. Should you wish to accept this, payment can be made by calling our offices on***********or on our website Alternatively, payment can be made by BACS using the following details:
Bank - Barclays
Name - Gladstones Solicitors Ltd
Reference - 101295.36871
Account Number - 33028712
Sort Code - 20-24-09
We kindly request your response, or payment, no later than close of business on the 4th October 2019.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need to send the evidence that they have against me which i think is invalid

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

They are trying to settle so the hearing doesn't have to go ahead.

What would you like to know about the evidence?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the area which my car was parked has no visible signs ,the euro care park signs are referring to parking on private parking area

You should tell them that and invite them to discontinue their claim. If not then you should attend the hearing next month. Do you have the court's address to send your evidence to?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do

Sorry, I cannot take a call at the moment. If no one calls you then you will not be charged for it. However, the call request is open to all experts - if you want to cancel the call then please send an email to *****@******.***. I can continue with the question online if that suits?

OK, how is it I can help? Do you need representation at the hearing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i would require help in responding to their email and also representation if required
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i will proceed in cancelling the call
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i was thinking of getting additional Pictures or video so you can have a clear view

Has there been a date whereby you have to send your evidence to them and the court?

I can recommend an advocacy company (we cannot represent you - only offer information based on your legal problem).

JimLawyer and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you