Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I might seem a bit stupid, but my EU licence has been

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I might seem a bit stupid, but my EU licence has been suspended, not canceled, due to an small offence and now I cant drive. My questin is, can I apply for a uk drivers licence so I can continue my work as an ambluance driver?
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Initial licence issued in Romania and suspended in Romania, does that have any effect on applying for a uk licence?
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The licence was suspended for driving under the influence of alcohol
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

when did the offence occur?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I had my drivers licence taken away by the Romanian traffic police due to driving under the influence, From what I know there is an investigation ongoing but due to the nature of the situation, no accident or other material damage I am suspended for 3 month and could probably be suspended for 2 years and then I can get my licence back. The licence was issued in EU Romania and I used it to drive for work in UK. The question is, can I apply for a provisional licence and start driving school in UK because is works faster and I can keep my job
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
or no?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 days ago.

You cannot change a revoked licence for a UK licence because the entitlement doesn't arise.

You can take a test in the UK though and be back on the road.