Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

On the 15.05.19 my wife payed for parking using an

on the 15.05.19 my wife payed for parking using an app,unfortunately it was the wrong car park.The car is registered in my name.My wife has spoke to them and emailed them to explain the mistake,I have also done this.it has been passed on to zenith Collections with extra charges,which we can’t afford.My question is ,if I was driving a vehicle say a company car that wasn’t registered to me and I got a parking fine ,or anything related to driving would it be me or who the vehicle is registered to.
Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: What state ?
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry thought you could answer my question.I can’t afford a lawyer

Welcome to JA.

I am currently reviewing your question and will return to you.

Please note this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays

The Parking fine will be sent to the registered Keeper with help of the DVLA.

I hope that answers your question, if so please rate the answer given using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service provided. However if you have further questions regarding the answer please let me know.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Who is liable for the fine,I was in London at the time of the fine.so do they have to find the actual person who did it,and if so does the fine have to start from beginning.many thanks

Given this is a new question.

Please rate the answer to the first question using the stars button at the top of your screen and once rated I will answer the second question at no costs.

Strictly speaking the registered keeper is liable for the fine. However you can seek recovery of any monies paid from your wife given she was in charge of the vehicle at the time.

The fine start date will not start from the beginning in view of the circumstances given because it appears they have found the registered keeper's details and they have proof that you/wife are aware of the fine.