Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Just typing a qustion now, My mechanic managed to get two

Hello good evening Just typing a qustion now
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: My mechanic managed to get two parking tickets while he was fixing my car and still has not paid them (offence 1st July). This has moved on to charge notices despite me having sent these letters electronically to him. I have also written to the local authority from where the parking tickets came to advise them of this plus also to advise that I have evidence to support this. In a very belligerent fashion to local authority has written to me to demand money.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Greater London Barking & Dagenham
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that is a reasonable summary

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can i help with this?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Jo, As things stand, I am intending to write back to Barking & Dagenham to tell them to take this case to the Small Claims Court as I have advised them that I have evidence that I did not have possession of the car at the time of the parking offence. Also what I will add is that I look forward to the Small Claims Court Judge take note that I tried to resolve this matter and that Barking &Dagenham did not. Your thoughts?

What stage has this reached?

What is the last correspondence you had from them?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They have threatened to send a Civil Enforcement Officer to me within 14 days
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The only letter responding to mine is one on 4th October and another identical one on the 7th

You are out of time to appeal.

There is no point in writing to anybody. The time to make these points was when the fines could have been appealed.

There is a decision against you and they have instructed bailiffs.

I am sorry.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I see, on 6th August when I got the first letters, I sent them to my mechanic who said he would pay but has not but what you say is this is still my debt?

You are the liable person as the registered keeper.

You had a very good appeal but you didn't appeal.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes I knew at the time but I believed the mechanic when he said he would pay - ok, I see this will not work. I will take the mechanic to the Small Claims Court

Unless you have grounds for a statutory declaration, taking this up with him is your only option.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How would I go about getting that?

Do you have grounds?

It sounds like you received everything? YOu just didn't appeal