Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I've missed the deadlne to pay a fine for speeding. Both the

Hi I've missed the deadlne to pay a fine for speeding. Both the initial letter and the reminder. Is there any way to pay before it gets to court?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: UK
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how did you miss the deadline?

what was your speed over limit?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I was doing 52 in a 40. Albeit the speed limit had recently changed from 50 to 40.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I missed the deadline because I am overloaded, work, life and have recently suffered a berivement in the family.

You mean a conditional fixed penalty?

how late are you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Conditonal fixed penalty and the reminder.2/3 days

You do have the option to write to them explaining and apologising and asking to be allowed a further time to accept. You could fill out the form and send it back with the letter attached.

Maybe they will accept. Maybe they won’t. Often people will exercise their discretion in your favour if you are polite and properly behaved.