How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 19692
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I was driving on a valid international licence but had

This answer was rated:

Hello, I was driving on a valid international licence but had recently got my provisional Uk driving licence as well when the police stopped me and said that I was driving Illegally and seized me car. They are saying that I will get a court summon soon with penalties points and fine even though it has been mentioned in the DVLA manual that I am allowed to drive for one year. What do I do now?
Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Bangor, north wales
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I want to clear my offences
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I haven’t received the summon yet but want to know if I really committed a crime?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am waiting for the answer please

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Do you have a full foreign licence?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an international driving permit

Ok. Do you have a full licence?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok then you can plead not guilty.

If you can show you have a full licence then you are not guilty.

So you can plead that.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer, the button should be at the top of the screen. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am from Pakistan and I have been driving in UK on the international driving permit issues for a year

If it is a year or under you are ok.

Over a year, then you are not ok.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks. So should I go infront of the magistrate and ask me to clear for all the charges?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Correct. It might be a her if course!

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.