Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was stopped by a police officer on 01/09/2019 for speeding

Hi. I was stopped by a police officer on 01/09/2019 for speeding and the officer said i should receive a letter in post in due time telling me what should I do. I have only just received my conditional offer of 100 pounds fine and 3 penalty points today (letter was dated 09th Oct 2019). Can I contest against it by saying it wasnt sent within 14 days? Please advise. thanks.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Norwich, in A47
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I prefer to just chat here. Thanks.

I know this isn’t going to be the answer you want to hear, and it’s certainly not what I want to tell you. However, I wish to be completely honest with you, so I feel obligated to not give you false hope.

I am sorry but its bad news.

Bad news then I’m afraid.

The rules are contained in S1[1]c] Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 which you’ll find here
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/53/section/1
They must either deliver a NIP verbally at scene or serve it upon the registered keeper within fourteen days of the offence.

If you were stopped at the scene then a verbal NIP was delivered and that complies.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But I was only given a traffic offence report on the day and there isnt any evidence of me speeding. Is that sufficient to contest?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there any other way around it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
And it is my first time offence, I was not offered a retraining course?

No, like I said, it is a verbal NIP.

They don't have to offer the speed awareness course though you could ask for it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the advice
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Appreciate it very much

Welcome.

All the best.