Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I parked for 45 mins in an off street car park in Frome. I

I parked for 45 mins in an off street car park in Frome. I looked for nearest in sight pay and display machine and paid for 1 hour. I have the ticket confirming this.Two weeks later I received a PCN for non payment. I appealed and sent copy of parking machine ticket. My appeal has been rejected as "not valid at this location". I saw no other or closer machine. Their letter says signs say "phone and pay". I saw no such sign. Would revisit location to confirm but it's more than 100 miles away. Should I go to POPLA?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Frome, Somerset
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Adjacent signs said "Euro Car parks" whose ticket machine I used, but PCN is from Civil Enforcement Ltd. No clear sign that the part I parked in was not part of Euro Car Parks; I've checked Google Streetview.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Civil Enforcement Ltd

Ok, are you willing to risk being sued?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No, and I'm quite happy to try the POPLA appeals process. My concern is whether, in good faith, purchasing a ticket from the "wrong" machine is likely to be accepted by the POPLA independat appeals service which this company uses.

Oh no, it probably wont.

I have never heard of POPLA ever accepting any explanation actually although I suppose they probably do sometimes.

They are a kangaroo court. They have no real authority.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No, thanks. I'll pay my £60 and grin and bear it - after 55 years driving without a single parking ticket!

Or you could wait to see if they sue.

This is just a private land fine. The chances are that they wont

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
OK, thank you.