Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Do you deal with till fines? Assistant: Do you need to

Do you deal with till fines?
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: It’s gone passed court and to bailiffs
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, I have 262 crossings on the merseyflow bridge and all my fines went to an old address but if I known it would been dealt with! They are threatening to send the bailiffs and some of mine fines h e been rejected nd I don’t know why I can do now.help please

are you sure you want a call as it will rack up costs?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can you advise me on here please
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
You’ve just take 44 pounds out of my account

Read above.

And let me know.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have! You have wasted my time and money! I have asked for a call back and I am still waiting

Actually I asked if you wanted a call, you said I should advise on here

So it is wrong that you are still waiting for a call because at 12.09 you said you didn't want one.

I can carry on online but I suppose you don't want to now?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Please can you advise me what I need to do for these fines because it’s about to break up my family

Well, there are no magic wands obviously.

Did you update the V5 at the DVLA?

Do you have proof of posting?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
DVLA messed driving licences address up and I never change the address on my V5 ��.

Is there a redirection on your post?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No but I know the person who lives at my old address and she said she’s had nothing! 2622 letters is a lot

There will be way more than 2622 as well as they will have sent multiple letters on each occasion.

You do have the option to make a statutory declaration to the effect that they were not received at that address but if you do that over 2622 then they will investigate and will probably be able to prove what has happened. If it is inaccurate then they will prosecute. There are just too many to fly on their radar.

But the reality at this stage is that that is your only option save for make lesser offers.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I was thinking �� of asking my MP to ask them to make a lesser offer because the price will bankrupt me.

They will ignore your MP.

Just make an offer yourself.

They may ignore that too but never hurts to ask.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Some are £145, £70, £22 either way it’s a lot of money

They will ignore your MP.

Just make an offer yourself.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
They put everything on hold when my MP step in! I don’t know what to do for the best!

They won't have done. Local councils have no judgment. They just carry on regardless of the risks and benefits.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok, this is nearly 20k now n fines and I don’t have that kinda money, if it goes back to £1.80 I’ll pay ASAP otherwise they will get nothing because I don’t have anything!

Yes, I get that.

Statutory declaration options are the best solution though obviously it can only be done if the grounds are entirely accurate.

Alternatively, make lesser offers, involve MPs.

Are you sure nothing was received?

She hasn't just failed to pass it on?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok thank you, I will speak with my MP on Monday.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/