Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I was issued a parking fine which ended up with an

I was issued a parking fine which ended up with an enforcement agency Marston.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London - Croydon
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I kept up with a payment plan. I travelled to Ghana to bury my father. Was left with £110 to pay as my last payments. As was in Ghana my payment was declined by by bank. Payment was meant to have gone through on the 3rd October. Got back last Sunday. An argent visited my home to enforce removal of goods if I did not pay £385.00
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I should have been given the opportunity to pay my last instalment rather than creating another debit for me. I have just received a text to say they have a locksmith with them to come and remove goods from my property.

Welcome to JA.

Have you got everything to show the payment was declined and why it was declined?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my Bank statement does not show money taken out.

Do you have anything saying why it was not taken out?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In time past there has been fraudulent activities on my account so any card payments will have to authorise by me via an SMS message from my bank.
On this occasion I was out of the country an unable to receive SMS text messages.

I suggest you undertake the following steps:

• Notify the baliffs that you are liaising with the creditor and should not proceed to your home.
  • Contact the creditor and explain the situation and seek to agree the last payment.
  • If things go smoothly then the bailiffs should be notified that things have been sorted.

Do you understand what I have stated if yes, i will then consider an alternative option.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already done what you have stated above and Marston says I need to deal with the bailiffs. The bailiff wants the money or will remove goods.

In the first instance i suggest you can copies of bank statement showing regular payments until you left the country which will hopefully persuade the bailiffs to accept your version of events.

Do you understand what i have stated if not please let me know

if yes, please before you leave please rate the assistance provided by using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service provided in future.