Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My 19 year old daughter has received 2 x speed fines on the

Customer Question

My 19 year old daughter has received 2 x speed fines on the same day within half an hour of each other. The road is normally a 40 which she knows but the particular day it had traffic control on it which reduced it to 30 and she didn’t realise. I’m thinking of writing a letter to try and reduce it to one speed fine or a driver awareness course. What advise can you give thanks
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: At this stage she has received just notification of the intended fines
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

is this just a S172 request?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
YES
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’d like to continue on this email chat please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for the information

If this is just a S172 request then there is no point in doing anything at this stage. They will not consider representations.

They will probably offer the fixed penalty anyway though unless the speed is very high proportionate to the limit.

They may or may not offer the speed awareness course given that there are two of them.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.