John LLB
John LLB, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I RECEIVED A FINE FOR SPEEDING IN FRANCE, WHICH I WASN`T,

I RECEIVED A FINE FOR SPEEDING IN FRANCE, WHICH I WASN`T, FOR 10/9/19. I PAID IT ANYWAY AND NOW I HAVE RECEIVED ANOTHER FINE FOR 24/10/19 IN EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE. BECAUSE I TRAVEL TO AND FROM ITALY 5 TIMES A YEAR MY HUSBAND AND I ALWAYS STICK TO THE SPEED LIMIT AS I DO IN THE UK. I DO NOT THINK IT IS A COINCIDENCE, RATHER THAT THAT THEIR EQUIPMENT ISS FAULTY. IS IT WORTH APPEALING AND IF SO WHAT SHOULD I SAY? I HAVE LOOKED FOR A TELEPHONE NUMBER TO SPEAK TO THEM BUT THERE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE ONE. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: IT SAYS: A31
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: IT SAYS: A31
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE OTHER INFORMATION IS A31 PK/PR DIRECTION METZ VERS LUXEMBOURG YUTZ - 57970 FRANCE

Hello , it’s a tough situation. You can appeal but you have to pay the fine first. It will be refunded if the judge deems your appeal admissible (or does not, in which case the fine might be increased). Appeal at your own risk though because you’ll need evidence you wasn’t speeding and/or that their equipment was faulty to be successful as they will surely have evidence you were speeding and/or the equipment was not faulty, so the costs will escalate if you cannot prove your case.
Hope this helps, please provide a positive rating. Kind regards, John.

Hello are you there? If you wouldn’t mind taking the time to provide a positive rating please, thank you. The thread remains open for any further questions you may have.