Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I've received a £50 fine from Euro Car parks for parking at

Customer Question

I've received a £50 fine from Euro Car parks for parking at The Lion Hotel Farningham where I purchased two meals - the hotel didn't advise me that their car park is now run by a private company also signs were not visable due to no lighting on entrance to the car park and no lights in the car park whatsoever making it quite dangerous to vunerable people showing lack of "duty of care" - what is my position if I refuse to pay on the above grounds?
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: no - I've only just received the fine and I'm currently overseas
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Not yet but I'm prepared to defend if a County Court summons is issued
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no - think I've covered everything - the main issue is no parking signs were visible due to complete darkness
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

and the hotel didnt advise that you had to pay to park?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No they didn't advise anything re the car park charges don't even know if there were parking machines as the car park was in total darkness
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Are you asking if you are liable?