John LLB
John LLB, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I received a court letter for a pcn recived as i was parked

i received a court letter for a pcn recived as i was parked in a private car park do they have a right to take me to court and enforce me to pay
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: united kingdom no i have not consulted a local attorney
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello welcome to Just Answer.
Can you confirm who the issuer is please? And when this was?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Parking eye Ltd it was on 16th July 2019
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
no i prefer to chat by typing can i send you the court summons

The call comes up automatically I have no control over it, and you can ignore it.

Yes please send the court summons.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
how do i upload it

There’s a paper clip in the right of the tool box where you can send attachments

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
attached is the summons
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i paid with a app online but it expired and when i realised i went to fill it up and this i have proof of

Do you wish to defend matters in full?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
yes
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
if possible what do you suggest?

I am drafting my answer to you and will reply shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Ok. The summons state you did not appeal to POPLA, is there any reason for this? Because the summons could have been avoided. In any event, you will need to file the Acknowledgement of service (AOS) as soon as possible. You have 14 days to do so, and a further 14 days with which to file your Defence. On the AOS tick the box that states “I intend to defend all of this claim” sign and date it and return it to the Court, sending a copy to the Claimant. Make sure it is in PDF format.

You will then need to prepare your Defence. Your defence will need to be thorough!. Please read it carefully and amend it as you wish prior to sending it to the court. Send a copy to the defendant. Again, ensure it is in PDF format. It is quite lengthy but this is what is needed if you are to be successful.

The template is sent as an attachment. Please let me know if there are any questions.

I hope you have found my answer useful. I would be grateful if you could take a brief moment to provide me with a positive rating before you leave the site. This way JA credits me for my time in helping you. Please remember to return to the site if you require anymore assistance. Thank you in advance

Hello, I hope you found my answer useful. Please take a moment to provide a positive rating and do return to the site if you need more assistance. Thank you, John.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
See attached, I did try to appeal it directly with parking eye

You have appealed to Parking Eye, the body who is charging you. Of course it is going to be unsuccessful. You needed to appeal to POPLA and if that fails; then you need to defend the matter through litigation using the defence template I gave you. The have issued now so you need to use the template I gave you, have you read it? This is the only way now to not pay the charge. Please read my response given on 07/11/19.

Lastly, do not forget to provide a positive rating for my time I helping you. If you need further help once you have filed the defence or questions about the litigation process then please let me know. Thank you. John.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks a lot, I will file the defence online today.

Excellent, thank you. Please click on the stars above if you wouldn’t mind. All the best, John.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I will do. Thanks again
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
hi,

what am i supposed to fill in here?

a. Payment for parking was made online using XXXX provided by XXXXX PayByPhone.

Don’t take it word for word. Ensure you amend it to fit your own case. But the section you’ve mentioned refers to the method of payment and how you paid. You mentioned you paid with an app online but it expired and you have proof, so note that down.