John LLB
John LLB, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

Ive got a pcn I made an appeal and it was rejected its gone

Customer Question

hello Ive got a pcn I made an appeal and it was rejected its gone to charge certificate which amounts to 330.pounds what can I do
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: the uk and no I havent
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: haven't got that far yet should have paid fine by yesturday
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been unwell for the last 3 weeks and would have paid at the 100.pound stage
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  John LLB replied 12 days ago.

Hello can you confirm who the issuer of the pcn is please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Barnet council London
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry can not afford to you do deal with cases in UK.
Expert:  John LLB replied 11 days ago.

Ok it’s a penalty charge notice not a parking charge notice. This means it is a public fine and not a private land fine. You’ll have 28 days to pay if your appeal is refused and if you don’t pay within 28 days you’ll get a “charge certificate” and you’ll have to pay 50% more within 14 days. This is where you are at the moment. You’ll get a court order demanding payment if you don’t pay a charge certificate within 14 days so I would suggest you pay as soon as possible or the costs would escalate. There is no way to avoid this sorry.

I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear but I have to be honest in my advice, please take a moment to leave a rating before you leave the site, best of luck. John

Expert:  John LLB replied 8 days ago.

Hello. Please take a moment to provide a positive rating for my time in helping you. I would be grateful. Thank you.